Elder D.J. Ward

Elder D.J. Ward
HOLINESS UNTO THE LORD

Follow this link to:

Follow this link to:
The Minister in These Times

Monday, November 10, 2008

Mom, Sola Gratia

My pastor was a man blessed of God. His life and Mom’s (Sister Ward) life is and was a great love affair with the God of our Salvation. I have written about the love affair that Elder had with God; always teaching, always preaching and always loving. He loved hard. This is the man, who preached the Sovereign Grace of our God.
He had a deep desire--a yearning, to make the scripture clear. To expose the God of the Bible…He that hath ears to hear, let him hear!
I was blessed just to have heard the True God of the Bible preached by this great pastor. He was burdened, that sometimes fifty percent of the church was not saved. So what did he do? He preached Christ crucified for the sins of the elect, and labored in the word; in constant prayer over his flock to the last breath I am told. As if I didn’t already know.
Which leads me; to where I am going to take us with this entry. Sister Ward a blessed woman of God, a true help meet to the Pastor of the Main Church. I have known many pastors, but there has never been one with a wife like Sister Ward is and was to Elder. She is a learned woman in the Word of God. She has spent her life in the service of our LORD. She’s still on the battle field. She stands for Grace.
A first class lady, a first class teacher, a first class wife, and saints a first class mother to many sons who stand in the Gospel Ministry of God’s Free and Sovereign Grace!
When I was a young man, a boy in high school; she walked into Pop’s office one day: I knew and could tell before she uttered a word that she was Elder’s wife. She walks like, talks like, looks like and is a Godly woman.
You know, she is one of the sweetest of things in the earth: truly a woman, sincere (without wax) in her Christian walk; and to me the model of what it is to be a Christian Woman. Sola Gratia

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

PLEASE FORGIVE MY IGNORANCE, BUT WHAT DOES SOLA GRATIA MEAN? THIS LADY SOUNDS GRAND. WHAT A TESTIMONY TO HAVE PREACHERS CALL HER MOM.