Elder D.J. Ward

Elder D.J. Ward
HOLINESS UNTO THE LORD

Follow this link to:

Follow this link to:
The Minister in These Times

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Elder D.J. Ward

I was a young boy when I was drawn to The Main Church in Lexington, KY. I had meandered in the doors of the church on a Tuesday night Bible Study. Why? I didn’t know at the time. Elder finished the Bible Study and closed it with the song, “I love the Lord”. He greeted me and talked to me for about fifteen minutes. At the conclusion of our conversation he said, “Come back and see us again some time”. I had no immediate intention of coming back. Nevertheless, the following Sunday, I was on my way to my home church, and ended up parked in the back at The Main Church. I went to the back door and waiting on me was Pop. He said, “I was told to be expecting you this morning.” He took me up into his office where all of the brethren were preparing for the morning service. I was received with great love by the Pastor and the brethren. We left the office to head out for Church, as Holy Business was about to commence. Afterward I was ushered into the office, and I experienced the love of my Pastor and Brother Ministers. I had never in my young life been so loved by almost complete strangers. As we were all departing from morning service to go home to rest, the Pastor said, “I’ll see you tonight.”He took me in, taught me the Sovereign and most Holy God of the Bible full of Grace, Loved me, and licensed me to the Gospel Ministry of our Lord.Main Street became my home. Elder loved me like I was his flesh and blood, He ADOPTED me, and called me son. He was Holy unto the Lord. I took him with me when I left the Main Church, and I preach Christ. Glory to God, he sent me by the Main Church, and into the arms of a loving, firm, and steadfast Pastor.

No comments: